What should I do about my concern?

Your responsibility is to communicate your concerns about a youth to his or her parents or guardian.  As a coach, mentor or youth leader, you are able to provide information only to parents or guardians.  You are not able to seek medical attention unless you have been given permission to do so.  Your relationship with parents and guardians is a vital link in providing support and help for the child or teen. 

If you are concerned that a youth is at immediate risk of self-harm and a parent or guardian is not immediately available, you should contact emergency services.  In Wellesley, call 911 and explain what the emergency is.  After emergency services have been contacted, you should make every effort to reach parent(s) or guardian(s) to inform them about what has happened. 


Hurting yourself is NEVER the answer. There is help available…talk to someone now

For immediate help call

Riverside Emergency Services

Newton Wellesley Hospital

Samariteen Hotline
1-800-252-TEEN (8336)

Samaritan Helpline
1-877-870-HOPE (4673)

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
1-800-273-TALK (8255)