Do I have a drug or alcohol problem?

How do you know if you or a friend may have a problem with alcohol or drugs?  Ask yourself these basic questions:

  • Have you ever forgotten things you did while drinking or high?
  • Do you get drunk or high on a regular basis (every day or every weekend)?
  • Have you ever lied about the amount you consume?
  • Do you believe that alcohol or drugs are necessary to have fun?
  • Do you feel run down, depressed, or suicidal?
  • Have you ever ridden in a car driven by someone (including yourself) who was high or drunk?
  • Have things ever gotten out of control while you were high or drunk?

If you have answered yes to any of these questions, it means that you may need help with alcohol and drugs.  Acknowledging that you need help is a sign of strength.  Call Riverside Community Care at (781) 769-8674 for help.

For more information about youth related drug and alcohol use and treatment visit:


Hurting yourself is NEVER the answer. There is help available…talk to someone now

For immediate help call

Riverside Emergency Services

Newton Wellesley Hospital

Samariteen Hotline
1-800-252-TEEN (8336)

Samaritan Helpline
1-877-870-HOPE (4673)

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
1-800-273-TALK (8255)